• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

January 2023 - In-Person Meeting Updates

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Reminder that our first meeting of the year is held at Glenallan Elementary School on January 14th. See HOME page of Forum for details. Please attend as our youngest board member and one of the most talented "next generation" fish keepers gives his first ever talk and demonstration!

Special ELECTIONS will be held. ALL positions are open. Must be present to be voted for. Below is the current list.
WE NEED you to join. HELP us get the club back to pre-covid so that we can plan a BFD and other larger events.

Message myself Scraps Scraps and xny89 xny89 of your interest.

Executive board
  • President: Kim Schofield
  • Vice President: Greg O'Neil
  • Recording Secretary: Abby Siegel
  • Treasurer: Open
  • Corresponding Secretary: Open
  • Member at Large: Eggerton Campbell
  • Member at Large: Frank Cowherd
  • Member at Large: Brett Crump
  • Member at Large: Open
  • Junior Member at Large: Shane Zawwin
  • Technical/Web Support: Marz Koli
Committee Chairs
  • Membership Chair: Abby Siegel
  • Program Chair: Open
  • Webmaster: Marz Koli
  • Breeders Award Program: Sam Darko
  • C.A.R.E.S Program Chair: Open
  • Sponsorship Chair: Open
  • Welcoming Committee Chair: Open
  • Equipment Chair: Open
  • Meeting Location Chair: Kim Schofield

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Sounds great! Will there be a mini-auction? Thanks and Happy New Year!
We will have a mini auction at the February meeting. This meeting will have raffles and we are auctioning off Shane's demo tank after his talk.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Currently all board members are looking to take on other roles within the board or not remain on the new board. So All positions are open for nominations.

JLW

CCA Members
Currently all board members are looking to take on other roles within the board or not remain on the new board. So All positions are open for nominations.

I guess our slate is just going to be a surprise at the meeting then. I will not be attending this one or any further ones.
Happy to see my comments and question were deleted, rather than being answered.
Glad to see the club is doing things above board, and where the membership can see it. This isn't shady at all.

Take care, CCA.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
xny89 xny89 is creating a slate form for all to view. This will be available by end of this week.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
OK folks, we're stepping back from this current schedule. The Board will be meeting over the next several days to assess alternatives. the Pres. has delegated me to take the lead, and ANY issues associated with Board of Directors voting should be directed to me here or email to xny1989@hotmail.com. All actions will be open and slate of electors known in advance of the vote. Anyone wishing to run for any of the Board of Directors positions, ranging From President to the 4 at large members, please inform me of the position you wish to run for BEFORE 2/1/2023. Descriptions of the positions, except at-large, are located in the Club By-Laws portion of the Forum.

Thank you for your patience. The January meeting presentation WILL occur as scheduled.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Update on Executive Board Voting during the February 2023 meeting. This post will be duplicated in several Forums to ensure members have a chance to view.

CCA Executive Board Voting – 2023
Primer
CCA Executive Board members are voted into office, by CCA members, annually. This is usually done during the October CCA members’ meeting, per the CCA club (Club) By-Laws.

The pandemic has caused much of the Clubs in-person activities to be cancelled or lightly attended.

Current CCA Executive Board (Board) members have been unchanged for the past several years. The current President/Treasurer has decided to step down. As a result, there is a need to elect a new President and Treasurer as soon as possible.

The Board has decided, in a 1/8/23 meeting, to hold a one-time election during the February 2023 general meeting for these two positions. It is essential that new volunteers step up to fill these positions. In addition, there is an open At Large Board position.

We are soliciting volunteers to fill these positions – Essential positions, without which Club management will suffer, include President and Treasurer. Volunteers filling other Board positions including Vice President, Recording and Communications Secretaries and 3 at large member positions are staying on, and regular Club elections will be held in October 2023.

Please inform me via email xny1989@hotmail.com or within this forum if you wish to apply for any of these positions, before 2/1/2023.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Don't miss this Saturday's CCA club meeting in Silver Spring. Our own Shane Z will present and do a LIVE demo on how he creates a live naturalistic tank. See one of his tanks below. He will be auctioning off the 10 gallon demo tank to help benefit the CCA club at the end of our club meeting. Get more details on our Forum.

Shane Tank demo sample.jpg

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
We have created an auction for the January 14, 2023 in-person CCA meeting. Users of the website must register on the CCA MyGroupAuction website: mygroupauctions.com. Sellers are encouraged to upload a photo of the fish/item to be auctioned. These items can be viewed by all registered users before the auction.

As always, donations are welcomed.

Please review the auction rules.
https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/auction-rules/