• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

jack dempseys paired up and spawned

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I got a 6'' male from lively at the last meeting to go with my two females. well they paired up and tonight I get home and I've found eggs all over a flat rock in the back corner. ill try and get pics soon its a awkward spot. I'm learning so much and I'm loving it. I think I'm late by a day or half a day though.

toddnbecka

Members
Don't count your JD's before they're hatched. A newly established pair may need a few practice runs before they'll get it right. In the meantime get some growout tanks ready...

Lively

Members
I'm so tickled that they laid so quickly! toddnbecka are right - often first layings don't go well for JD's. But, I'm hoping these guys are the exception!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I'm so tickled that they laid so quickly! toddnbecka are right - often first layings don't go well for JD's. But, I'm hoping these guys are the exception!
lol meeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooo:p so far so good. they are both guarding the eggs with the female mostly fanning them. what gave it away was when i came in i saw aw this bright blue on her and she had lightened up but didnt swim to the front like usual. i was like --->:jumpy:
:pound: thanks again lively. i know he is happy now lol!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
awesome man you got picks of the parents/eggs?
gonna get some pics tonight hopefully. she laid them on a flat rock that is arn near the same color as her eggs. probably why i didnt see them right away. i had to put my face to the glass to really see them. im beginning to think that was their point.:pound:

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
All right UNCLERUCKUS. You can artificially raise those eggs if you want.
http://www.gcca.net/howto/hatch_substrate_spawners.htm

Danger_Chicken gave me a nice 7in. female at the last meeting. I have her in a divided tank with a 4in. male. I don't know if the male is mature enough at that size so I'll just wait and see what happens.
I had her with the 4-5" JD I gave Lively and she was beating the crap out of him after the first few days, I had to pull him out.

Lively

Members
gonna get some pics tonight hopefully. she laid them on a flat rock that is arn near the same color as her eggs. probably why i didnt see them right away. i had to put my face to the glass to really see them. im beginning to think that was their point.:pound:

Wait until you start searching for the wigglers - JD's are great at hiding the little ones!