• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

IT'S BAAAACCCKKKK!

mrkillie

Members
I think I should be worried. The Yahoo! computer gave my draft an A-. Considering that the computer drafted Richard's team and that team only got a C+, and that the only "A" that was given was to a team that drafted 2 kickers, I am not quite sure what to think of it.

verbal

CCA Members
I think I should be worried. The Yahoo! computer gave my draft an A-. Considering that the computer drafted Richard's team and that team only got a C+, and that the only "A" that was given was to a team that drafted 2 kickers, I am not quite sure what to think of it.

It must be the old advice to get kickers and defenses earlier since there are fewer of them j/k

daninmd

Members

yeah, I read the report card this morning, pretty funny stuff. its almost like they are trying to be funny with the analysis. I thought mine was pretty funny. I am projected to finish in 11th place, haha. yeah, how do you get an "A" drafting two kickers, including taking one pretty early.

oh well, it was fun last night.

daninmd

Members
yeah, I read the report card this morning, pretty funny stuff. its almost like they are trying to be funny with the analysis. I thought mine was pretty funny. I am projected to finish in 11th place, haha. yeah, how do you get an "A" drafting two kickers, including taking one pretty early.

this is from the "A" draft card:

Well-Balanced: While the bottom half of the Fishology101 roster is one of the strongest in the league (ranked No. 1), the top of the roster is among the weakest (ranked No. 11).

you know, cause nothing says top team like them saying the top of the roster is among the weakest:blush:. but hey, the bench guys that aren't going to play are studs :D.

Mine came out alright even after autodrafting the first two rounds because I couldn't get signed in although if Richard got a C+ than we all should be worried.

If I looked at the points expected, the Defense will be the highest scorer every week in this league so the D's make sense and kickers might score as many as 20 points a week based on the scoring.

daninmd

Members
What the heck is up with the DST scoring??? DST are going to average more than 2-3 points than QB/WR/RB??? that is crazy. wish I would have looked at that before. picked up more DST this morning. This is a crazy scoring format. did you guys always have it set up this way?

I don't remember it being this high but I clicked on something during the draft that brought it to my attention which is why I picked San Fran so early in the draft.

fishology

Members
how do you get an "A" drafting two kickers, including taking one pretty early.

In my defense on the kicker taken in the 10th round. I had to or else you would have taken him chalupa:eek:. and as far as the A report card goes... I'll take it:rolleyes:. I didn't draft a DST until the 13th round.. its all fantasy you know.

mrkillie

Members
What the heck is up with the DST scoring??? DST are going to average more than 2-3 points than QB/WR/RB??? that is crazy. wish I would have looked at that before. picked up more DST this morning. This is a crazy scoring format. did you guys always have it set up this way?

Remember, it includes special teams (punt/kick returns), so, if you have a really bad defense that's giving up lots of points, you can more than make up for it if that team also has good return teams.

daninmd

Members
Yeah, but a stud game by Rodgers gets 15 pts. While the defense he shredded gets 25??? Seems off, but oh well. Glad I stocked up

mrkillie

Members
Yeah, but a stud game by Rodgers gets 15 pts. While the defense he shredded gets 25??? Seems off, but oh well. Glad I stocked up

If you think a "stud game" by Rodgers is only getting 15 points, then you need to redefine "stud game".

mrkillie

Members
If you think a "stud game" by Rodgers is only getting 15 points, then you need to redefine "stud game".

360 yards and 3 TDs will net you 30 points, assuming no turnovers, etc. 250 yards and 2 TDs is not a "stud game" in my book, and even that will get you 18 pts.

I don't know where the 25 pts for defense number came from, but rarely does the defense score over 20 pts.

fischfan13

Banned
360 yards and 3 TDs will net you 30 points, assuming no turnovers, etc. 250 yards and 2 TDs is not a "stud game" in my book, and even that will get you 18 pts.

I don't know where the 25 pts for defense number came from, but rarely does the defense score over 20 pts.

Thanks for doing the math, Joel.
I've been in this league for a few years and believe the scoring system is more than fair.

15 point game by Rodgers???
I doubt you will see many times where Rodgers scores less than 20.