• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

It must run in the family...

Becca

Members
Yesterday was my husband's birthday and he got a couple of things.

First, he stopped at Home Depot on his way home from work and got 3 "Russian Machine Never Breaks" 5-gallon buckets ( mchambers mchambers Andrewtfw Andrewtfw - yes, they have commemorative Stanley Cup buckets). He got one for himself, and one for each of the boys.

Later in the evening, Josh stopped by for cake and to bestow upon Jeremy a "Potato Puffer" (one of the congo puffers) that he's been utterly obsessed with.

While I made a few last-minute changes to Potato's new tank (the 30B in the fish room), Jacob (the 2-year old) caught site of him in his bag. He dubbed him a catfish, and fully committed to stealing him and putting him in his bucket. He was determined that "catfish" was his and was going to live in his Stanley Cup bucket... so much so that he started bawling when I released the fish into his new home. It reminded me a) of my love of fish and b) what I did as a child when our first-grade classroom "chicks" were sent to wherever they send chicks to after first graders are done hatching them.

Unfortunately for Jacob, the fish room is not open to kids because it's both a mess and the utility room. As a result, I've found myself mentally measuring all available wall space in the house trying to decide where I could fit a tank with a 36x18 footprint that isn't right in front of a window or blocking off an entire hallway :confused:. I think the answer is that we're all out of space.

mchambers

Former CCA member
For those of us that haven't gotten a chance to touch Lord Stanley, we can settle for hoisting our Stanley Cup water change buckets in the air after a successful WC.

(I didn't know Home Depot had commemorative buckets...I must have one.)
Or you could drink champagne out of the bucket, but not after you’ve used it in the fishroom!

FishEggs

I might be a cheapskate but I wont pay that much for a bucket just to have a different picture printed on it.

Becca

Members
I think $8 is a bit much for a bucket too...

Not like its something you can display proudly, or wear to show your pride.

The guys in my house beg to differ. Jeremy's bucket is atop the 210. The kids seem to be alternating wearing theirs, hitting each other with them, and/or leaving them sitting prominently on the living room floor.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The guys in my house beg to differ. Jeremy's bucket is atop the 210. The kids seem to be alternating wearing theirs, hitting each other with them, and/or leaving them sitting prominently on the living room floor.
I guess decor and/or costume is up to each individual! Glad they're proud to display their pride.

Becca

Members
I guess decor and/or costume is up to each individual! Glad they're proud to display their pride.

When you've got 2 kids, a full-time job, 2 dogs, 25ish aquariums, and a sports fanatic/pack rat for a husband, decor isn't exactly a choice. It's easier to just roll with it than to fight it. If I can keep everyone from peeing on the floor and get enough junk picked up to vacuum at the end of each week, it's a win.