• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Introduction of the opposite sex?

blkmjk

Members
I have a 13" LaCieba yellow head male. And a 6" female. I have them in a 75 divided with a quick getaway hole for her. He is hyper aggressive. I'm not kidding. And for the fish I keep that says alot. Other than the dividers that I have in place what other precautions do I need to take to keep her alive? Any suggestions are welcome.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

blkmjk

Members
They have been dancing and coloring up. No serious aggression as of yet. I have a flat rock on his side of the tank should I put one on her side as well?

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - give her a pot and a flat rock on her side. They'll spawn through the divider... much safer for her!

Matt

1bigdovii

Members
Yes - give her a pot and a flat rock on her side. They'll spawn through the divider... much safer for her!

Matt

This is what I would recommend too. Not worth losing a female to an aggressive male. Put in the flat stone on the females side right near the divider and put a powerhead on the males side to help blow the milt to the eggs for better fertilization.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blkmjk

Members
Ok small rock to the top left covered in brown eggs! Put the power head toward her side. Loss like they are good at the moment. But I have seen eggs turn before. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all of the help guys.

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1370650807901.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sometimes all it takes is for the female to settle down a bit and escape the aggressive male. In fish as it is in life ;)

Matt

blkmjk

Members
Everything still looking good don't see any white eggs. I'M SO EXCITED! Spawning Chewy means a lot to me. Can't wait to see what kind of Dad he is. Definitely hoping to carry on his genes and disperse them to the hobby. He is definitely the biggest La Cieba I have ever seen.

Drew

1bigdovii

Members
Glad to hear its working out Drew. Hope to see them with a fry cloud soon. Good luck buddy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App