• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Introducing The Kids

Theresa_M

Members
I have 5 children, ranging in age from 7 to 14. They all like my tanks but 2 of them are more interested than the others. Last month I offered to take them to the meeting and they both loved it and will be there again this Saturday, so I thought I'd give them a proper introduction ;)

They both had tanks while still living with their father. I helped get them set up but all maintenance was up to the kids, their father would have nothing do to with the tanks. They did a great job and I give them a lot of credit for that.

Andy is 14. He previously had a 2.5g betta tank and 20g community. He now has a 5g betta/community tank in his bedroom. He has an on-going battle with my oscar: the fish pulls out the artificial plants, pouts, Andy re-plants them, the fish pulls them out again, on & on lol

March22200736.jpg

Emily is 11 and has a more active interest than Andy. She reads the books and magazines, does research about the fish. She previously had a 10g community. Since moving she took over my 29g and did a great job with the aquascaping.

march2007newhouse61.jpg

Apr420074.jpg

maddog10

Members
I remember seeing them at the last meeting, now I can put names to the faces. They seem like great kids Theresa.

marge618

CCA member
:D Welcome! Glad to see more young people in the club. Keeping fish can be something 'special' that you can all share .. through all the changes of growing up. A great family hobby. I enjoyed the picures!