• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Interest in killifish

Forester

Members
Hi everyone i am thinking about getting a bunch of killies to later sell at aquamania. I was just w pondering if there is much interest in them in the club. Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
There are some folks deep into killifish in PVAS... who will likely be at AquaMania. Joel (mrkillie) from ACLC is also into them.

His name's escaping me but really nice Turkish guy in PVAS organized the AKA convention in B'more a couple of years ago.

For a change the AKA convention wasn't in somebody's mom's basement ;) (Sorry couldn't help myself).

Matt

Forester

Members
Thanks. I think I will bring some just cause there are going to be lots of people and killifish are pretty so there should be a pretty good reaction.

clearsky5

CCA Members
problem with a lot of killies is that they don't tend to be the best "community" fish, unless you have a really heavily planted tank..
I have had as many as a dozen species, and they were kept in species specific tanks.
They breed fairly easily, so from that end they are satisfying.... I belonged to the Chesapeake Killie club, but for some reason, it never seems to get off the ground in terms of many people coming to meetings.
Most of the regular species are around and are "CHEAP" as they do not bring much for sales.. (ie.. gardneri, australes, )
the peat spawners are neat, but not everyones cup of tea.
I still have about 6 different species, (not common to the regular fish folks..
but like most fish out there... if you flood the market, the price goes down.....
If I were to try to breed something for the "marketplace" I might work on the gularis, as they get to a decent size, are colorful, and seem to hold their price at the mini auctions...

Why not try your hand at Rainbows?????
after the great lectures at Aquafest, and possible renewed interest, they might be an idea......

david *(AKA "killiedave" on pvas)