• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

In need of Help

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
I have a new aquarium setup. I need help fixing a few issues, like , canister filter, plants, driftwood. If anyone has the time to help for an hour, please PM me.

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
The driftwood won' sink. It's too big to boil. I'm not sure if it's filtering at an appropriate flow rate.

AquaStudent

Members
Depending on the type of wood it may take awhile to sink. If you have some large river stones you can usually get the driftwood to stay down, just make sure it's stable.

As others have asked how deep is the sand, what kinds of plants, and what fish are in the tank? Some types of fish will uproot plants either by directly pulling on them or through digging.

If you're keeping fish that like to dig you can try planting in mini pots and adding rocks to keep them submerged. The growth rate will be affected but it's a potential solution. There are also plant weights that can be used to get stem plants started but I haven't found them particularly necessary or useful.