• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Impromptu Open Fish Room

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I know it is short notice but I have been thinking about having an open house for those who have asked to see my fish room and the stars and whatever else seem to be aligned to have this happen this Saturday. So if you can make it, you are welcome to come see the fish and the daphnia and the water and whatever you might see on the way here. ANytime between 10 and 5 is fine.

The address is
5640 Fenwick Road
Bryans Road MD 20616

From the 495 beltway (near the Woodrow Wilson bridge) take 210 south for about 14 miles to Bryans Road, turn right on route 227 and go about 2 miles to Fenwick Road. Turn left on Fenwick (it only goes to the left) and go almost exactly 2 miles to 5640.

E-mail me at cowherd2@earthlink.net if you have questions as I cannot get onto the forum easily.

Frank

F8LBITE

Members
Thanks for the invite Frank, I think I can make it. What kind of fish do you keep? Why dont all of us interested figure a time and all show up to check it out.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I believe there will be cameras.

As for fish, I have over 60 tanks, mainly 10 gallons ones, but a bunch of larger ones. I raise corys, killies, livebearers, daphnia, german blue rams, angelfish, pulcher, lelupi, a variety of ancistrus, some goldfish, koi, and some others.

I even have some peacocks and I got a pair of cichlids from Honduras from our recent speaker.H

Have a safe trip,

Frank

marge618

CCA member
An improptu road trip! Frank, I would love to see your fishroom. It sounds like you keep a wide variety of fish and critters.

I am hoping to ride with someone from Baltimore or Catonsville. Anyone from this area planning to go to Frank's on Sat please PM me.

mscichlid

Founder
I hope to get there by 10 or 10:30. I was planning to bring my camera, too. :D I need to start using the damn thing.

I think Frank wants to kill a few birds...We can just get out of the way for you guys (Bobs).

Hell with the cameras. I'll bring my shotgun and go with Frank and shoot Daffy Duck.

290.gif

Sonny Disposition

OK. Let's go to the master and see what we can learn. Bobby, I e-mailed you about an arrival time. Contact me off list.

Frank, should we bring food?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Nov 14 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hell with the cameras. I'll bring my shotgun and go with Frank and shoot Daffy Duck.

290.gif
[/b]

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Yea you can bring something, but I will have something to drink and nibble on. Any preferences? I have to go to the store later this evening. At a minimum there will be coffee, tea, and soft drinks and a limited supply of beer. And some snack foods.

Frank

Sonny Disposition

Yes. I think it would be nice if you roasted a turducken for us.

http://theinspiredchef.blogspot.com/2006/1...-turducken.html

Then on Monday, I'll make an appointment to have them roto rooter my arteries:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frank Cowherd @ Nov 14 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea you can bring something, but I will have something to drink and nibble on. Any preferences? I have to go to the store later this evening. At a minimum there will be coffee, tea, and soft drinks and a limited supply of beer. And some snack foods.

Frank[/b]

Sonny Disposition

Hey, if any of you Baltimore area folks are attending, Marge needs a ride. Send her a pm or an e-mail to coordinate.

Hope to see everyone there for the party at Frank's place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frank Cowherd @ Nov 13 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know it is short notice but I have been thinking about having an open house for those who have asked to see my fish room and the stars and whatever else seem to be aligned to have this happen this Saturday. So if you can make it, you are welcome to come see the fish and the daphnia and the water and whatever you might see on the way here. ANytime between 10 and 5 is fine.

The address is
5640 Fenwick Road
Bryans Road MD 20616

From the 495 beltway (near the Woodrow Wilson bridge) take 210 south for about 14 miles to Bryans Road, turn right on route 227 and go about 2 miles to Fenwick Road. Turn left on Fenwick (it only goes to the left) and go almost exactly 2 miles to 5640.

E-mail me at cowherd2@earthlink.net if you have questions as I cannot get onto the forum easily.

Frank[/b]

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Frank

Thank you for opening you house up to the club.

I really would like to get down there and see it at some point but I already had
plans for today.

marge618

CCA member
It's a good thing we have so many photographers in the club. Take pictures for those of us who won't be there today.

A virtual reality fishroom tour! Another great idea to promote CCA.

Thanks for the invitation Frank.

mscichlid

Founder
Thank you Frank! I had a great time! You have a beautiful home and a fantastic fishroom. A great inspiration. I'm not posting pictures because I'm saving them for the Biotope. :lol:

maddog10

Members
That was VERY impressive. I was there for almost 5 hours :angel2:

You will want to keep an eye out for the next Biotope!

marge618

CCA member
Pictures :addpics2: :confused0024: :confused0083:

Now we wait. I understand the wait will be worth it. I sure hope the next Biotope is in color!