• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ideas for stocking my 125

Jmoore

Members
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could give me ideas on how to stock my 125... Also how many african cichlids could I keep in it? I really like mubuna and peacocks,and haps, but I'm not really interested in really aggressive ones.

Jmoore

Members
I think I will have some yellow labs, benga peacocks, red empress, rusties, hongis, cheweres, and maybe some others

verbal

CCA Members
Sounds like a good stocking mix. I think best way to take advantage of the tank size is to have bigger groups, rather than trying to squeeze in one or two more groups.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zackcrack00

Members
Get a bunch of guppies!!! Hahahaha. Just kidding, John! I think you should get a giant colony of one type f mbuna!!!

verbal

CCA Members
Missed the srt and yellow labs. Two of the same genera is generally a bad idea.

I would start off with the yellow lab and rusties at adult size or near. The sunshine peacocks could also be a larger size. You could grow out red empress and maybe another hap that isn't too aggressive. I would look for groups of 6 to 8 for adults and 10 to 12 for grow outs. I would try to end up with a couple males and 4 to 6 females when groups reach breeding size.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app