• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ID

Wblaze

Members
Could be Labidochromis chisumulae "Clown Lab"
labidochromischisumulaechizumuloisl.jpg

Charlutz

Members
Definitely a kenyi. Fun and beautiful fish, though they are feisty and there isn't a huge market for them. You won't get rich breeding them, but they are a good looking fish that will catch peoples' eyes.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hard to say but they also sell some of the other "bad" mbuna: crabro (bumblebees), auratus (yellow and black and evil) and others.

What percentage of people who get into African cichlids fail as a result of buying these fish and getting bad advice from these stores. 90+% who knows...

Matt

I guess Petsmart and Petco sell them cause they kill everything and you have to go back and buy more??

turfboss

Members
Yep - but they are colorful and pretty and that's one reason they sell - to the uninformed it is a shame cause they could well be folks who would like to have a nice tank of colorful fish (and might even become hooked and become our customers) but have really gotten bad advice from the uninformed sales folks - or even from those who know better but are not telling the prospective buys because it looks good for their department to be moving a s**t load of product.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sadly, there are so many other better choices for African cichlid tanks - Tony's presentation last year was a testament to that!

Matt

Mikeinco

Members
I agree that it is a Pseudotropheus lombardoi and those fish are nasty. I remember getting them way back when I first started keeping cichlids and wanting to flush it after a few days. Beautiful fish but I was never able to have a tank of anything that resembled normal with those things in my tank. They quickly took the red eye back to the LFS.

69cichlids

Members
Def. a kenyi...i currently have them and they are pretty nasty...i got them when I started up my first tank I got them from petsmart, my area doesn't have much for selection...i was going to put them in a tank by them selves but I'm thinking now put them in my community tank and try to sell the breeding pair and put Bills ps. Williamis in that tank by them selves instead

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App