• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ID: HRP or Convict

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I bought this fish from a guy that said they were Albino Convicts. I never believed them to be albino's just figured they were the Pink Convicts (and always questioned why my pink convicts had more blue than pink).

Recently I met someone and I complemented them on their Convict and he said he bought it as a Luestic (sp) HRP. Since then I've seen 3-4 on the web as Luestic HRP.

I don't intentially breed them anymore, but over the past year or so I've been giving them away as Convicts so I'd like to know what they really are if at all possilbe.

The pic's aren't the best, I've never purposelly take pictures of these fish it's always incidential that they are in the same tank as the fish I am taking pic's.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dogofwar

CCA Members
Unless you know the collection location, I'd call them tank raised pink convicts

Matt

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Looks like mine. There isn't any pink in the body of mine, all bright white. Any pink in the photo is from the flash. There is some red/pink in the tail fin. Most are blue in the fins. The females get a pink/ornage hue in the belly and its not always easy to see. Rapps is one of the places I saw them listed as HRP now that you mention it.

I have them in almost everyone of my tanks. If they last the feeding curcible they get to stay. I don't care what they are, I like them, I just want to tell others the correct name. I've caled them convicts for so long that's probably what I'll always call them.

MonteSS

Members
Looks like mine. There isn't any pink in the body of mine, all bright white. Any pink in the photo is from the flash. There is some red/pink in the tail fin. Most are blue in the fins. The females get a pink/ornage hue in the belly and its not always easy to see. Rapps is one of the places I saw them listed as HRP now that you mention it.

I have them in almost everyone of my tanks. If they last the feeding curcible they get to stay. I don't care what they are, I like them, I just want to tell others the correct name. I've caled them convicts for so long that's probably what I'll always call them.

Ya mine is much more white than the pic shows. Mom named her "Casper" and she def is female and shows no color on her belly.

....Bill

fishfarm

Members
Never label something unless you are positive as to what they are when you got them, if you bought them as convicts then they are convicts, looks to be a cross to me, but don't call them leutistic HRP since you really have no idea what they really are. Ken

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
DONT ALBINOS HAVE THE PINK EYES AS WELL? ALSO ALBINOS WONT SHOW ANY BLUE JUST THAT WHITE PINKISH COLORATION. SO I WOULD SAY NO THEY ARENT ALBINOS. STILL A VERY ATTRACTIVE FISH.