• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I Need To Purchase A R/o Unit

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I finally figured out that I need to get a reverse osmosis unit for my fish room. I started looking on the internet and found there are too many different manufacturers and configurations to easily get a quick idea of what is the best for the fish room. SO I thought I would as you all what you have found to be good. Any recommendations on what I should be looking for? I think I only need about 50 gallons a week and probably would not use that much except once a month or so.

Frank

Jumbie

Members
I bought a Kold Sterile for my reef tanks and it was one of the best things I have ever bought for my fish tanks!!! They say that R/O DI systems produce better water than a Kold Sterile but not by much. I got mine because they produce water 50 times faster than and R/O units and when you are doing water changes on two 210g and one 60g tank you really dont want to wait forever and a day for R/O water. I recommend a Kold Sterile system if you are serious in investing money towards a water purifying system but for the amount of water you are talking about I think a R/O unit is fine. (Kent marine has a good system.)