• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I hate snow for so many reasons

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
My court and the next road after that are still not plowed. Did a lot of digging Saturday and yesterday.
But still made it out for work today. So did Tracey.

MarkK

CCA Members
I don't mind the snow, but until the county comes in with its big equipment to clear out the snow, I am stuck in my house. Here is my street, and you can see my car socked in late saturday. It is still there, waiting for the county to clear the street then I can dig the car out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfbVUWhnNsg

I have an electric snow thrower but it only does about 8 inches deep snow, so to keep up I had to clear my driveway three times. Unfortunately the drive belt gave out during the third clearing, which is not too bad considering how long I have had it--my dad gave it to me before he moved to Florida in 2001 and he had it for a while too. The company that made it is out of business so if I cannot get it repaired, I may go for this Snow Joe 622 to replace it. http://www.snowjoe.com.

At least I have power and can take care of the fishes.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Finally got my car to the end of my driveway which is about 600 feet long. Not sure about work tomorrow, the base where my job site is located may be closed again. Plus, it looks like we are going to get another shot of snow starting tomorrow afternoon.

pinkpenguin

Members
I love the snow when it gets me out of school! Of course, I will have to make the days up, but it is only for every other snow day. I have not had school since Thursday of this week and hopefully no school tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

Lively

Members
Loudoun county just announced school will be closed all week. They don't think they'll get the buses dug out until Sunday.

mscichlid

Founder
My job was closed today. A rare occasion! I finally got the Passat out of it's space into the driveway. I dug out a channel behind it and gunned it into a snow bank and then plowed forward to move the other wall of snow in front of it. However the street has a high rut in the center and only big pickups are going through.

It will probably be liberal leave tomorrow and Wednesday. I just want to get out and photograph some stuff. F it. I'll keep making big pots of good food and drink my Heineys. Although I would like to bring water in for water changes...They have to take the tap I guess.

Cartel

Members
Work was closed for me I just went out for a drive and the roads are still horrible here. There are people stuck everywhere. I pulled a ups truck up the street that was stuck in my neighborhood.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

longstocking

Members
hmmmmmmmmm ... I like it :)

I have a feeling that is because I don't have to shovel it :p

Hubby's back is a bit banged up though !

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I grew up in Chicago and this beautiful snow just reminds me of home. My wife and I dug out Saturday night as the snow was letting up. I cleaned off the truck Sunday morning to drive up to my Harris Teeter. It is 24 hour but they lied. It was closed. Driving was a blast. The Washington Post had dumped bundles of the Sunday paper at the door though and since that was the object of my quest anyway, I was happy. Free paper. I hope we get at least another foot.

Michael Barber has been in Peru for the last two weeks. I think he was supposed to fly into Dulles Sunday. Dulles was closed. We live right by it and they got 32.4 inches officially. Mike may be lost in the system like wayward luggage by now.

George

fischfan13

Banned
Forecast is calling for another 10-18" on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Benefit of this is that once the Springtime comes we will not hear the word "drought".

dogofwar

CCA Members
We finally emerged from the house today. Siena and I cleared the driveway with a snow shovel (old school) and made our way out for a few groceries. Roads were surprisingly good...although people need to slow down a bit!

Matt

maddog10

Members
I drove through 3 counties to get to work.
Calvert County main roads were awesome, they were even dry!

Anne Arundel County main roads were in good shape, a few rough spots.

P.G. County main road (Route 4) was horrible, long stretches with 6" of snow still on the road. Didn't plow it all day, just as bad going home tonight.

Did find someone to plow my driveway tonight, best $50 bucks I ever spent. He knows where to find me Wednesday, lol.

Cartel

Members
Your right P.G. Was horrible Howard and AA were perfect today. People are still driving like it's the beltway on a nice summer day though...

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Michael Barber has been in Peru for the last two weeks. I think he was supposed to fly into Dulles Sunday. Dulles was closed. We live right by it and they got 32.4 inches officially. Mike may be lost in the system like wayward luggage by now.

George
He picked a good time to be gone but I hope he makes it back soon. I wonder if he had fish shipped back how they will do in transport. Let us know how he does George

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
One of my part time employees is stuck on vacation.
He was to come back this past weekend from Cancun...lol
poor guy. Stuck. lol

mscichlid

Founder
Got to work this morning! Whew! Horrible roads. I had to turn around and try another route. My car is 4motion and there still was a lot of slipping going on.
Get to work and the police won't let us by. A line is down across the parking lot. The power is off in part of the building. It's cold and I'm hoping the dragon will let us go home by 10.

I'm not even going to make an attempt tomorrow...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Will this madness ever end!?! All the shoveling we did for the last three days is for naught. I'm not even going to attempt to mess with this stuff until it dies down a bit.

I am so tired of snow!