• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I hate it when I do stupid s$#%

I dropped a fish (well he sort of jumped out of the net) when I was transferring it to another tank. He landed on the carpet and it wasn't a long fall and I got it quickly in the tank, but he was rolling and couldn't stay upright. He finally was upside down at the bottom of the tank an hour or so later, so I euthanized him.

Crap. I don't do too many stupid things and I don't lose too many fish, but this just annoys me. RIP little peacock . . . :mad::(:angry:

mchambers

Former CCA member
We've all done things like that, so don't be too hard on yourself. I know it's hard not to let it affect you, of course.

madcobra216

Members
I'm sorry to hear that he didnt make it, Holly, #RIPlilPeacock

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Rip peacock
When I was moving my 6" prochilodus he leaped out of my hands and landed face first on the wood floor. I felt so bad but he's swimming around and eating as I speak.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Bummer, Holly. It's stuff like that that can really make this hobby tough. Don't let it get to you. We've all done dumb stuff, but focus on the good instead of the bad.

Harleyrider5

Members
I did this once with my dovii. I held her upright in the net for about 30min. She eventually came around and was fine after that

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
I've had similar experiences, too. I'm sorry you had a bad one this time. I'm amazed at what crazy falls fish can take and they don't seem the worse for it....and others, it just doesn't take much.

So sorry, Holly. :(

I feel for you. Its hard to lose a fish and even harder looking back and feeling like it could have been easily prevented. I agree that the harder the fall the better their chances of living. Its strange how that happens.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I was shocked that the fall affected the fish so much. I would not have expected that from a short fall on a soft surface, but maybe he hit wrong. Anyway, thanks guys . . .

mchambers

Former CCA member
It's just amazing how random the effects of a fall can be. Sunday morning, I went down to my basement to check on my tanks, and saw something on the (very hard) floor. I looked closer, and saw it was a female guppy. Must have jumped out the tank while being chased by an angry female rainbow cichlid, protecting her fry. (There is a bit of open space due to a breeder box being on the tank.)

I assumed it was dead, but picked it up and saw it was still alive, so put it back in the tank, and it seemed fine. Must have fallen five feet to a very hard surface. No telling how long it had been on the floor.

Many other times, I and the fish haven't been so lucky.