• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I bred more Apistogramma

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have free swimming Apistgramma melgar in one of my tanks. They are currently being herded around by mom. This may be the first and last brood. The male has a pretty nasty wound in his side that interrupts his lateral line. I am treating it with melafiix and weekly water changes. He has made it a week so far and it seems to be healing. Here is a write up on the Apisto. I got them in the auction.
http://apisto.sites.no/fish.aspx?fishIndexID=2482&gruppeID=1

I keep a sack of peat nuggets in the tank. A dose Kent backwater extract at water changes when I remember. I as added some almond leaves.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
The croaked. He seemed to be healing well but I found him dead this morning. How I have no clue. But the fry seem to be doing well. Got to get another male.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Looks my trio was a reverse Trio. The female was backing it up on the male earlier today. Hopefully they breed. I managed to save some fry from the earlier batch. anybody got mirco food?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I already have 100-200 micron. If you have smaller I would like some. yes I will be at the paaaaartay.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think that's the size I've got... It's worked well for really tiny acara babies... so hopefully big enough for the Apistos...

Matt

verbal

CCA Members
I think that is the size I have as well. It has worked pretty well for strawberry apisto fry.