• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

I am going to not be a memeber any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Because it won't be a meeting, it will be a Sat-Sun weekend event...:)

I agree that regular meetings can be rushed - lots to do and not too much time to just hang out and get to know each other.

Something like the event in March (add it to your calendar: Mar 9-10) would be a great way to get to know everyone better, especially if you're working the registration table with them, or setting up an Aquarium Beautiful tank with them, or just hanging out.

Take care,
Matt

Why will you need my help for the March meeting?

verbal

CCA Members
Also I dont interact with people at the meetings like you guys do with each other. Its just me my mom or dad and a couple of fish and stuff to sell. I am the most shyand awkward person there at the meeting. Its very hard for me to make freinds with adults because I am a teen(as with all teens lol)

I can understand where you are coming from with it being a little intimidating dealing social with a bunch of adults as a teenager. I was 13 or 14 when I started attending PVAS meetings/auctions. I was definitely was intimidated, but what I gained was worth the at times awkward social interactions.

I have found in something like a fish meeting, it is a lot easier to socialize because there are common interests. One easy conversation starter is "What kind of fish do you keep?".

CCA(and all fish clubs) need to make themselves attractive to young hobbyists. I think bringing our kids to meetings is a start, but we need a way to "bridge the gap".

Do you have any friends that might be interested in coming to a CCA meeting? Even if they don't keep fish(yet) they might find a presentation interesting. The advantage for you would be you would have other people who see more regularly to share your hobby with.

fishman13

Members
Because it won't be a meeting, it will be a Sat-Sun weekend event...:)

I agree that regular meetings can be rushed - lots to do and not too much time to just hang out and get to know each other.

Something like the event in March (add it to your calendar: Mar 9-10) would be a great way to get to know everyone better, especially if you're working the registration table with them, or setting up an Aquarium Beautiful tank with them, or just hanging out.

Take care,
Matt
What is going on at the march meeting?

fishman13

Members
I can understand where you are coming from with it being a little intimidating dealing social with a bunch of adults as a teenager. I was 13 or 14 when I started attending PVAS meetings/auctions. I was definitely was intimidated, but what I gained was worth the at times awkward social interactions.

I have found in something like a fish meeting, it is a lot easier to socialize because there are common interests. One easy conversation starter is "What kind of fish do you keep?".

CCA(and all fish clubs) need to make themselves attractive to young hobbyists. I think bringing our kids to meetings is a start, but we need a way to "bridge the gap".

Do you have any friends that might be interested in coming to a CCA meeting? Even if they don't keep fish(yet) they might find a presentation interesting. The advantage for you would be you would have other people who see more regularly to share your hobby with.
None of my friends are interested in fish

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Nonsense

None of my friends are interested in fish

Of course we are.

Enough. The Catfish Convention is next month - all the best people are coming (and doubtless others as well). Not anything you'll want to miss and how much better will it be to be among friends? So we're done here, end of discussion, see you in October. If you want to fade off into the sunset after that so be it but it just doesn't get any better than this:

http://catfishcon.com/

fishman13

Members
Of course we are.

Enough. The Catfish Convention is next month - all the best people are coming (and doubtless others as well). Not anything you'll want to miss and how much better will it be to be among friends? So we're done here, end of discussion, see you in October. If you want to fade off into the sunset after that so be it but it just doesn't get any better than this:

http://catfishcon.com/
ok ok. I dont whant to get any one mad. I dont know if I have work on the saturday of the next meeting or not but I want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.