• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How "wood" you like us to approach this...?

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Hi everyone,

Need some "market intelligence" from you guys and gals!

We've restocked our wood inventory wit ha lot of new pieces. Before we start putting them up on the site, I was hoping for some feedback. Our initial release will be some "Blonde" Spiderwood, which we have not offered before. The pieces we will be offering are mostly small, i the 6"-12" range, and although each specimen is different, they all seem to fall into similar configurations/morphologies (i.e.; kind of "circular", or "longer/projecting", etc.).

We have traditionally offered all of our driftwood as WYSIWYG specimens, which makes a lot of sense, particularly for larger pieces. However, I'm curious if you are interested in paying a slightly lower price for a "we pick 'em" class of wood? Less expensive, because we won't have to measure, photograph, tag., and price each piece individually. Sure, we've have a group shot representing the appearance of the several dozen pieces in the category (so you have an idea of what to expect), but you would not be selecting the exact piece(s) you'll be receiving.

Is this a worthwhile venture for our initial release of this new stuff, or are we better releasing pics of each piece and remaining WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) for our driftwood offerings?

Thanks in advance for you feedback. It's very important for us to listen to you and make our offerings available in a manner that works best for YOU!

Stay wet!

Scott Fellman
Tannin Aquatics

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
my .02

I'd have no problem with a "you pick 'em" approach, with a couple of caveats: ability to fit in a tank without having to cut the piece, and the ability to request a basic shape. If I requested something "branchy", I'd be disappointed if I received a straight piece with one fork.

Blaise

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
I'd have no problem with a "you pick 'em" approach, with a couple of caveats: ability to fit in a tank without having to cut the piece, and the ability to request a basic shape. If I requested something "branchy", I'd be disappointed if I received a straight piece with one fork.

Blaise
Good feedback, Blaise... In fact, the bulk of the feedback I received made it clear that, for the most part, it's best to go WYSIWYG and take the time to give customers better information!

-Scott