• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How much?

NYfan78

Members
Hi everyone, hope all is well! As some of you may know i am getting seperated/divorced so i am moving out sept 1st. The palce i am staying allows my fish tank to come with me but i am not sure i am going to take it. I am thinking about selling it and will start over down the road once everything settles plus i could use the extra money. Its a cabinet stand with matching canopy and a bunch of nice holey rock. The rest of the description in my signature. My question is, how much do you all think i could get for it all. Complete set up?

Thanks

MonteSS

Members
Tank, stand, filters and heaters.....probably like $200-250.

55g are so common that people practically give them away. Normally I would say like $100-150. Yours sounds really nice though so I added a few bucks.

...Bill

Leffler817

CCA Members
You probably won't get anything close to what you put into your set up monetarily, and if you factor in your time and effort, I think you'll be better off keeping it. What if you kept the set up and just sold the fish? I sold all my stuff when I moved to Maryland and didn't get nearly enough to buy a new set up. The only good part of that was I ended up with a bigger tank. :) Either way I think Bill's estimate is pretty close. Just my 2 cents.

fischfan13

Banned
Have you thought about selling the fish and keeping the rest?
The fish you can sell and then buy the same fish from someone down the road for the exact same amount of money...none of that holds for the rest.

IMO, if you sold everything together you would have to jump on $175-200.

Piecing it out is ok, but are you going to be able to buy the same thing for the same money?
If the setup is furniture quality then you are losing about 2/3 of your investment. The filters and heater you will not lose as much IF you bought it either used or from a discount online retailer.

I would buy the Dems from you, but then I don't see myself going down that way for a few months.

chris_todd

Members
Yeah, used equipment in this hobby does not hold its value, so it's best to keep it. I think your choice to keep it all is best, but Bill's suggestion of selling the fish and just storing the equipment temporarily is a good fall back.