• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How Much Snow Are We Getting?

YSS

Members
Ok, looks like snow is coming. Every time the weather people make a huge deal out of a storm, they always disappoint. So, I am going with no huge deal in the DC metro area. :)

I say 4 inches or less in immediate DC area. What say you?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The snow has started up here in Frederick County. It is cold and the flakes are small and powdery. I'm thinking we are going to get hammered.

chriscoli

Administrator
everything's coated in white here. I left work at about 7:30 and took surface streets home.....it was really hit or miss. Some places the roads were just wet, others, they were already completely white and the lanes were invisible.

aaaaand now 5 to 11.

basically, they have no idea.

If I recall correctly from the smoke haze of the 70s... I remember the 3 DC TV stations all battling for who had the best forecast. Not to be outdone by another station, each called for 1 inch more than the other station and by the time it got to the late night news, we had gone from 4" to 16". We got 2". I just thought it funny that because channel 4 was saying x inches at 5, channel 7 had to make it x+1 at 6. It was like a poker game I guess and the viewers were the losers.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I think we've got close to 9 inches here in northern DC. Nice barometric pressure drop, too. Time for water changes?