• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How Freaky Is That?

DeeCee

Members
Well, this is something I've never seen before. Ron got a couple shots of it, hopefully you'll be able to make it out ok.

Siamese Twin fry - there's one swimming upright & normal, and another one upside down, attached to it.
Been like that about a week now. The upside down one was eating just ilke the other one, but obviously
doesn't have control over where they go. He's getting smaller while the upper fish gets bigger.
Wonder if eventually he'll just get absorbed?

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

DeeCee

Members
y'think I can get "double" BAP points for him? Errrr Her......maybe him/her ?

Sure Bobby, you're always welcome to come over & take a picture of the little guy.
No matter what we tried, we just couldn't get a good shot!

DC

dogofwar

CCA Members
In the late '80's I saw a similar double-headed fish at the Columbus (OH) Zoo (not on display).

The Columbus Zoo used to have a formal captive breeding and distribution program for Victorian cichlids and the fish in question came from wild parents and had grown to over 2" (as I remember). Both heads could eat :)