• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How does your garden Grow?

Wobblebonk

CCA Members
Sorry for any glare I was feeling way too lazy to turn off other lights... I have problems. All these tanks are low tech while my previous pics were not.

XgRjQkr.jpg

Purple buce leaves? They are more purple irl than they appear in the picture, it's pretty much all the discolored leaves are the new leaves. I'm not even sure if they're discolored really? The shrimp came from Becca. Also random ludwigia inclinata sp tornado head I pinched off cause the leaves were coming in more like regular inclinata for some reason.

otGWit5.jpg

29g don't know where to put these fish tank.

fxwpsf9.jpg

40g Melanotaenia picta juvies...

ut7GwWe.jpg

20 Tall guppy cull tank.... but really more like wtf am I doing with all these stems tank.

jzOqvCK.jpg

Same tank from above.

qjLe7DJ.jpg

40ish... I built the stand out of teak, got lazy with staining the doors... and then got real lazy hanging this chinese black box and never got around to making a proper thing for hanging it.

I took pics of a bunch more tanks but the glare was so awful they weren't worth posting at all :/

Zepp914

CCA Members
Here is my shrimp tank. I started it 3 weeks ago with plants and red cherry shrimp I bought from Becca. I lost 2 vals, but everything else is doing great. I thought the guppy grass was going to take over the tank, but the moss seems to be growing the best. The mystery plant on the right front side has doubled in height. shrimptank.jpg

So far the fish have left the shrimp alone. One Zebra Danio has become a jerk as he has aged. The other 2 spend most of their day hiding from him.

Wobblebonk

CCA Members
For me guppy grass does poorly at first, and then after a few months it's like cancer. If you mean the big stem at the very front right looks like some kind of ludwigia to me but that's not the greatest pic for iding it.

Often it's just the baby shrimp who are in danger of being eaten, there might be enough moss and stuff for some survivors though. At some point they're baby brine sized and the fish treat them as such...

Zepp914

CCA Members
For me guppy grass does poorly at first, and then after a few months it's like cancer. If you mean the big stem at the very front right looks like some kind of ludwigia to me but that's not the greatest pic for iding it.

Often it's just the baby shrimp who are in danger of being eaten, there might be enough moss and stuff for some survivors though. At some point they're baby brine sized and the fish treat them as such...

Thanks! I will hopefully cross the baby shrimp bridge when I get to it.