Hope You Have Power

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Bill, it isn't a secret. The problems are mostly in MD and DC that have PEPCO. This outfit has been rated by anyone who rates power companies as the worst in the entire country. I live in Reston VA. We have Dominion Power. Mine never even flickered. Better to be lucky than smart. Dominion has spent many dollars to put lines underground. We have trees here too. They just don't affect power lines.

My sympathy to all who suffered power outages in this one. It must be a real pain.

I have read many times from Bob Bock that his power goes out quite often.
My question is why does the power go out so many times for people in the DC area?
Growing up in Northern Jersey I can remember the one time in the early 70's when the East Coast went dark. I lived there until '97 and do not recall ever losing power after that incident.
Living down the Jersey Shore we lose power on a very rare occasion, but no where near the number of times that people in the DC area lose their power.

Any ideas?
Or "facts"?:p

George

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Not to brag but SMECO has under ground lines. My power never flickers. You guys should move to southern Maryland

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

I live in South Reston and we have Dominion Power, but we lost power for over 24 hours. We are lucky because we have a generator that hooks up to our furnace and water heater. We also ran a long extension cord so I could power my fish tanks. And we have camping gear, so I was still able to have hot meals.

Arlene

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
You must live in the woods. Glad you were prepared. It sounds like that wasn't the first time you lost your power.
George

I live in South Reston and we have Dominion Power, but we lost power for over 24 hours. We are lucky because we have a generator that hooks up to our furnace and water heater. We also ran a long extension cord so I could power my fish tanks. And we have camping gear, so I was still able to have hot meals.

Arlene