• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hooked MD Snakehead Infestation On NOW!

Lively

Members
Yup, sounds like the same show.

LOL at your customoer... goes to show - the customer is not always right... what did you tell him/her?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I explained that it was a polypterus and is from Africa and though it is a predator it is not (to my knowledge) an introduced species in the US, nor can it overwinter. He seemed uninterested to learn about the polypterus.

Lively

Members
Obviously, he just wanted to be a know it all... show how much smarter he was than the fish guy... people like that are annoying. Even before I was a fishaholic, I would have pumped you for all you knew about the fish! lol

I was talking with the service manager of the a/c shop we used to fix our a/c - somehow the talk turned to fish (huh, wonder how that happened... lol) anyway - he keeps his creek stocked with trout but doesn't have aquariums himself (give me a bit more time... I'll try and change that! lol) but, apparently his nephew-in-law is the VA fisheries biologist dealing with the snakehead. I'd love to talk to him about the different theories on how the snakehead actually got introduced into the river. Like you, I'm having a hard time with the 1 fish here or there being released into the water theory.