• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi Yall

mscichlid

Founder
I'm not new here by any means, but I thought I would just introduce myself.
My main interest in this aquarium hobby are the South American species. This includes, not just the cichlids, but the tetras, plecos, corydoras and plants as well.

Currently, I am running about 30 tanks and I'm in the process of building another rack to hold 4 more tanks. After that I'll be out of space anyway.

I have a slight interest in photography, home improvement (because I have to), gardening, dogs, and Googling the world. :lol:

Who else is here?

Tell us about yourself!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I guess I am not new either but here goes.
Right now I am running 48 tanks of mostly Peacocks.
I have been in the hobby all of my life but in clubs only the last few
years.
My fish room is full but I do have permission to get a large tank for the
club room. The "boss" said it was okay. I just keep putting it off.

I also do a little photography on the side, but just recently started
taking pictures of fish. My other hobby right now is riding my
1967 BMW motorcycle.

cdjunior24

Members
hey all,
i'm basically brand new here...haven't made it out to a meeting yet but plan to in the beginning of next year...my current favorite malawi is an aulonocara baenschi. tang is probably frontosa. sa is a gold nugget pleco (i'm easy to please). i keep 4 tanks right now (3 african 1 planted/sa) but always wish i had more. i'm always on the lookout for a good lfs (gaithersburg is currently my favorite) and a nice male peacock so shoot me an e-mail and we'll chat!
-chris

DeeCee

Members
OK, I'll join in as well -

I'm Donna, I moved here last summer from the Chicago area. I like long walks on the beach, Bailey's Irish Creme, puppy dogs and moonlit nights of...........oh wait ........wrong forum -_-

I'm into Discus in a big way and have finally been able to get them to breed successfully. Unfortunately, I found that more fish = more tanks, and I'm tapped on space here. I like to play with planted tanks & find out what I can keep alive. I apparently breed snails also, as they're taking over the planted tank. I also have some angelfish, clown loaches, and ancistrus.

Anyone that I haven't met yet, I'm hoping to meet at the CCA Christmas party this Saturday!
Hope to see you there!

DC

tgrogan

Members
Well I'm not a member yet but I will be after Saturday. I have one 55gal tank with Malawi Cichlids. Been doing this since around August '05 but I love the little guys...er...and gals....or should I say gills! :lol:

Anyway, I have only gone to three area LFSs, I look forward to going to the one Gaithersburg.

Well, tata for now. I will meet whomever decides to go to the January meeting.

I'm Jeff...and have been interested in keeping fish all my life. I've had community, South American cichlid, and planted tanks...but had gotten into African cichlid tanks about 4 years ago. It all started when I was stationed in VA. I had saved up some money from my first deployment (OEF), and wanted to get some fish for a 45 gal tank that stayed empty at my parents place. Anyways, while looking for places to buy fish, I found a store called Cichlid Imports in VA Beach. It was the first time I was exposed to Tropheus, Altolamprologus, and other types of Africans found outside of Petsmart and Petco. I was in Heaven. **I remember going there after work two to three times a week just to watch the fish and how they would interact** I befriended the manager, Sung, and he taught me the ropes of how to take care of Africans. Currently, I have a 125 gal African cichlid tank, two 30 gal tanks; one with Tropheus Duboisi/Illangi/Bemba and a breeding group of nine Cynotilapia Afra "Yellow Blaze" in the other (thanks Sarah and Leigh), and a 15 gal juvi tank with twelve Red Top Zebras. I just bought three 40 gal breeder tanks from Ronald...and need to figure out how to build a stand to run one canister filter and heater that is also ergonomically correct :huh: . **I'm open to suggestions** I'll also be using sponge filters in each of the breeder tanks. Anyways, just wanted to thank Sarah for introducing me to this site. And, if it wasn't for you...I probably wouldn't have bought the 40 breeders -_- Take care all!!

64929695RM281173768.jpg
64929754RM313759019.jpg
64930850RM743442124.jpg

mscichlid

Founder
Welcome Jeff! We are all glad you're here. We are especially glad that have experienced first hand the benefits of joining CCA. Sarah is an angel, isn't she? :angel:

I'll go through my bookmarks for stand designs and post them in the DIY section. But for now, I am a few hours late for work because I went to a SuperBowl Party and had a blast.

Aiacr

Members
Hey everybody, i guess i didnt feel like starting a new thread, but anyway...

Im new here to the forum, i live down in Waldorf (charles county) and have been interested and gotten into cichlids for about a year now, i just moved back home from Green Bay Wisconsin after spending a year and a half there doing some schooling (got home sick :p). So needless to say the few malawi cichlids i had there wouldnt have been able to survive the 3 day trip back here (i spent a day visiting with family on my back here), so they were taken to the lfs there to recieve good homes. But now that im here id like to restart up my 30 gal tank into a planted South American tank...id like to house Apisto's, ive been doing alot of reading the past couple weeks and think that these guys would work great in the setup i invisioned in my mind...During my researching i came across this site and thought it might be a good idea to get involved in a local group. I wish i could make it up to the March meeting but with the way things are going right now with work (and the fact that i took on a "second" job for the next month and a half) i dont think it will be possible. Anyway, ive been trying to find a decent lfs beyond the petco/petsmart's that are around here, i went up to one in Annandale the other day, and it was big...but didnt have any Apisto's. So if anyone knows and good lfs in the area (if possible on the southern side of DC) that would be great, but i think i would like to get up to the stores up in Silver Springs or Gathersburg (from what i hear they're good) sometime soon, cause i really dont want to order them offline and pay shipping fees. So yea, ive ranted on for long enough, but i just really wanted to say hi and all that jazz.

-Ben

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Hi! My name is Marge Collins. I have been dabbling in fishkeeping as a hobby since I was 5. My first tank was a handmade steel and glass tank. It's size was determined by the length of the building materials. Guess it must have been around 70 gallons. My brother and sisters and I put all sorts of living things in it over the years. The one fish that lived through it all was a steel gray catfish we named 'Oscar'. Kissing gouramis, angelfish, tadpoles, minnows, catfish, guppies, frogs, turtles... you get the picture. I still have that original tank at my parents' house in Minnesota.

My main interest in fishkeeping at the moment is variety. I have a Central America cichlid tank, an African Lake Malawi cichlid tank, a planted community tank, and a stone gravel 'active' tank. (The last is really a catch all tank housing an assortment of daneos, catfish, convicts, and loaches. Don't know why they all get along but they do.)

I'd like to see more new members join the club and am making an effort to invite friends and neighbors from my Catonsville and Baltimore area to the CCA meeting in June.

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We need more new members.
Think "MORE FISH" "MORE FISH" 'MORE FISH"
MORE FISH FRIENDS MORE FISH FRIENDS
MORE FISH FACTS MORE FISH FACTS

I'd like to hear ideas on this from Yall! Especially members from Catonsville and Baltimore...

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif