• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hey All,

Maze

Just wanted to introduce myself; I started in the hobby backwards, did saltwater tanks for many years, love my triggerfish and lion fish. Stopped for a few years,(moved around a bit) and now jumping into freshwater ...of course one tank grew into more....really enjoying getting into cichlids. Much to learn : )

I have a 10 and 20 gallon unstairs and a 29 and 55 I will be setting up soon one I build a nice stand. Really love the Electric Blue Acara, Rainbow cichlids, and someday in a larger tank Severums, Salvini, and a Green Terror

Last edited:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Welcome! I too have had saltwater in the past. But I always returned to freshwater. What kind of cichlids are you keeping?

Maze

Just wanted to introduce myself; I started in the hobby backwards, did saltwater tanks for many years, love my triggerfish and lion fish. Stopped for a few years,(moved around a bit) and now jumping into freshwater ...of course one tank grew into more....really enjoying getting into cichlids. Much to learn : )
Welcome! I too have had saltwater in the past. But I always returned to freshwater. What kind of cichlids are you keeping?

I only have a Blue Ecectric Acara in one tank and an Apisto fire red in a different tank. Looking to have more as I set up larger tanks

Maze

I only have one sharing a tank with platies, wasn't sure if a 20 long was big enough for a breeding pair. Ive never breed fish before so want to make sure the tank is right....haha, set the mood. : )

Maze

If I did want to breed them, would I just get one female...or a group and then they would pair off?