• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heros efasciatus true pair + Hoplarchus psittacus

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Hi all,

My dominant Hoplarchus psittacus has begun to get ornery and needs more space.

Looking to re-home my Heros efasciatus true pair. They have laid eggs several times but never produced fry. Not sure if it's predators or they are still just getting the hang of it. Male is 7-8". Female is smaller around 5". Asking $80 for the pair. The make is a stunner!

I also have another Hoplarchus that is starting to get bullied by the dominant parrot, so I am also looking to re-home it. 7-8", sex unconfirmed. Asking $60 for the Hoplarchus. A little bit battle weary but will color up nicely once out of the shadow of the dominant one.

All fish are wilds from Jeff Rapps and are pellet trained.

Bonus small adolescent Heros to whomever wants it.

Pickup in Rockville or Gaithersburg.

neut

Members
Tempting here also, but I have logistical obstacles. Do you recall the location Jeff imported them from? Water conditions you're keeping them in?

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Tempting here also, but I have logistical obstacles. Do you recall the location Jeff imported them from? Water conditions you're keeping them in?
Sorry...do not recall the import location.

Water conditions are tap water (well water, not city water) 7.8 pH out of the tap. Nothing added to the water during water changes. I keep the temps around 82 ± 1°F.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Just an update - I will be out of town from 7/3-7/15 and would really like to move these before I leave so that I can rest easy knowing they are in a safer environment while I'm away.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Hi everyone -

The Hoplarchus is still available. He is still eating well, but is pretty beat up. I'd like to get him rehomed so it has a chance at life. He/she is free if you are willing to come pick it up in Rockville/Olney.

Freakgecko

Members
If he is still available after the 17th, I can get him and throw him in with my uaru in the 180. I’m unfortunately out of state right now, otherwise I would grab him today