• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hemichromis Frempongi Help

Davey_8313

Members
My friend is moving soon and giving me a pair of these fish. I am just looking for any info on them. I've read that they are aggressive. They will be going in an empty 150. Do you think I could put 4 all together in the tank? Two are 4" and the other two are about 3". Thanks.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've never kept them but know that they're rough customers.

How has your friend been keeping them.

I'd assume that you'll have plenty of hiding spots in the tank. Sometimes tankmates (vs. keeping the fish alone) can disperse the aggression.

I'd probably keep the two pairs in different tanks.

I know that Ted Judy has some experience with these guys (www.tedsfishroom.com). He'd be a better resource...

Matt

The other option of course is to put a divider in the middle, effectively pairing them off but also allowing the males to show off to one another without being able to damage each other. You would just need to know which fish were which pair before doing this.

Davey_8313

Members
Thanks guys. I might try to just get the pair. He said the pair are the 4" ones and the others are just two extra. I don't know how he's keeping them. He takes good care of his fish I know but I'll find out. I love the way that they look. Hopefully I can get some fry out of them to help them become more popular b/c they are nice looking fish. Sorry for posting in wrong section too by the way.