• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help with my oscar

hotwingz

Members
Alright so i have a tiger oscar in a 30g bowfront whos only about 3.5" right now and i have to put him in a bigger tank. I also have a SA 55g tank with 11 assorted species. I dont yave space for a second 55g, my question is and i think this my best option would to switch stock in the tanks. Input would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I know you don't want to hear it, but the best option is to take the Oscar back to the fish store. Neither one of your tanks is big enough to keep it for the long term. Remember, adults get bigger than a foot long and are quite messy.

As for the rest of your stocking, what are the 11 assorted species that you have? Once we know what you are keeping it would be easier to figure out who lives best with one another.

rich_one

Members
I know you don't want to hear it, but the best option is to take the Oscar back to the fish store. Neither one of your tanks is big enough to keep it for the long term. Remember, adults get bigger than a foot long and are quite messy.

As for the rest of your stocking, what are the 11 assorted species that you have? Once we know what you are keeping it would be easier to figure out who lives best with one another.
+1

Also, just fyi... Oscars are New World cichlids... not Old World cichlids.

-Rich

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Have you considered swapping out your tanks for one that is larger. A 75 would do the oscar (or your 11 other cichlids- I am not suggesting putting them all together) much better than either of the tanks you currently have.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I STRONGLY AGREE WITH RICH,JON, AND ANDREW. IN NO TIME THE CUTE BABY OSCAR WILL OUTGROW THAT 55G. IMAGINE BEING SHAQ AND BEING FORCED TO DRIVE A VW BUG.....VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT LITTLE SPACE.

hotwingz

Members
Ha ya thanks guys, thats what i figured. I didnt want it in the first place because i knew i didnt have suficient room for him. But my girlfriend insited and still thinks the 30 is enough room for him. But i have had friends that had oscars in 55's and the fish seemed healthy and happy and they had it for a number of years.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App