• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help with identification L?????

Peacockbass

Hello so i bought a 45 gallon planted setup over a year ago. this tank included fish and i moved the tank with some water in it. Until now i have never seen a pleco in this tank. but while doing work in the tank i saw a fish i never knew i had. Can anyone tell me what he is? He is only about 2.5 inchs long.

20110310190902.jpg

20110310190908.jpg

20110310190941.jpg

20110310190956.jpg

dustin

Members
I'm no expert but have to agree. Clown Pleco. Crazy how things happen huh. Who knows what else you might find in there. Lol

dustin

Members
Here's a pic of my buddy's clown. Looks alot like urs IMO.
c02a4682.jpg

Leffler817

CCA Members
NOt to be a jerk or cause of confusion, but what is the difference between the L104 and L206? They are both labelled 'clown pleco'? The L340 is conveniently a 'MEGA clown pleco' have not problem with that one.

There are several loricariids that go by the name "clown Pleco" in the trade. Unfortunately without knowing what location it was collected in (if it wasn't pond raised in Florida) makes identification difficult. However L104 Panaqolus maccus seems the most likely.

Andy