• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help. Leaking tank.

jet

Members
My 160 gallon tank is leaking. Where Idk. There is water coming out of the overflow cut outs in the stand. Its not much at all. The water is between the tank and the stand. Should I empty tonight or wait till tomorrow when I have more time. I have to go to work at 4am to 10am

-Jet

Andrew

Members
Probably coming from the bulkheads. Take some water out of thetank and drain the overflowbox. See if it's still a problem.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I agree with Andrew that it is likely leaking from the bulkhead. However, if water is trapped between the stand and tank, you may not be able to determine if it is in fact the bulkhead leaking. My suggestion is to remove the tank from the stand and dry up the leak. This will let you know if the stand is at all compromised. You will also be able to more closely examine the bulkheads. Check the rubber gasket on the bulkhead to ensure there are no tears and no sand/gravel is trapped.

jet

Members
The bulkheads are completely dry. And the pipes coming out of the bulkheads are dry. So I'm going to drain it and put it on some saw horses and see if I can find the leak

-Jet

jet

Members
I will. I am about to drain it. This will give me a chance to change my sand. I don't like the kind we put in it. It clouded the water like crazy

-Jet

chriscoli

Administrator
I believe Jim might sat that yes, there are worse times. For example, as you are walking out the door to catch a flight is a worse time than if you don't have to catch a flight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Move to the right (brain)

I believe Jim might sat that yes, there are worse times. For example, as you are walking out the door to catch a flight is a worse time than if you don't have to catch a flight.

So now you want to go all literal on me?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres

Lmao... He would say that, wouldn't he?

jet

Members
After the reseal I waited more than 48 hours then filled it up. After 20+ hours not one leak. I guess I can go back to putting rocks in after draining it?

-Jet

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Why drain it?

Everything I've read says that silicone sealant is inert, more so once it cures. Put some de-chlor in and go for it. Or not.

jet

Members
Everything I've read says that silicone sealant is inert, more so once it cures. Put some de-chlor in and go for it. Or not.

Thanks for the info. I have to take the wife to a movie I don't wanna watch and then I will be putting rocks in

-Jet