• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help ID, please? This may take a minute!

snoskiur

Members
Hi All! I have a 180 gallon, mostly Malawi tank, and am trying to finally start learning more about the different species of fishes, what fish are compatible with each other, and hopefully, start fine-tuning what I should and should not have together.

A great start, I figured, would be to at least learn about the fish I have! So, I've done as much digging online, etc., as I can handle and think I have some of them figured out. I have all my fish on this Photobucket link:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/snoskiur/Unidentified Fish/

and have the ones labeled that I think I may know, and a lot of fish labeled as unknown. I would really appreciate anyone that has time to look through them and tell me if I'm wrong on any of them, and possibly identify the one's I don't have ID'd yet. You could post your responses with the photo numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.), if it's easier... The numbers will show up if you open one and click through them, I think.

Thanks for any time you're able to give!

Have a great day!

Todd

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
#2 may be a Labiotropheus species, need a better detailed shot of the head though.
#5-6 - agree
#7 - Red shoulder peacock
#13 - Melanochromis - auratus maybe?
#17 - agree - Fusco
#23-24 - agree
#28 - agree - lithobates
#30 - Labeotropheus trewavasae or fulleborni
#31 - Definitely some sort of Copadichromis, not sure which

Jumbie

Members
^What he said LOL... Tony is the really good in the African cichlid department!
To be honest the only one I could ID for sure was the Red shoulder LOL!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yikes... no other guesses? My knowledge of mbuna is pretty weak...

fischfan13

Banned
#30, IMO, is not a Labeotropheus....check out the mouth.
The upper lip does not roll over the lower lip.
Some sort of OB Peacock, IMO.