• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

HELP!!! 180 Gallon Freshwater Aquascaping

ricksnipe

Members
Hello All!

I am in need of help. I need to be pointed into the right direction for find asquascaping materials for my tank. I cant not find any manzanita wood, or large rocks Locally. I would rather see my items and actually touch them over ordering online and not seeing my product. I have Ex-Cichlidsoma Festa and I want to mimic there natural environment as close as I can. I have been to House of Tropical and Beltway Aquarium and came out empty handed. Any suggestions?

Becca

Members
Josh sometimes has large wood... let the joking commence!

No, seriously, go peruse Batfish.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

londonloco

Members
Stone Center, Manassas, VA, has acres of large stones. Last time I scaped a 125g Tangy tank, it cost me 6$.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Irwin stone in rockville has a great selection of stone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ricksnipe

Members
Thank you all for help, I will track down the leads provided. Are any of you going to be at the meeting this weekend? It will be my first time actually attending a meeting.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishEggs

Never been there but The Stone Store is right near BWI.

I'll be at the meeting. It will be my third time there.

Jt731

Members
I'm totally with you about buying based off pictures only. I have a gorgeous tree stump in my 20 extra high that was a pretty big risk. You just don't get a good enough sense of width. I wasn't that impressed with house of Tropicals big bin either, but I did pick up an absolutely gorgeous piece off their racks for my 40