• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Vienna, VA

YSS

Members
Hi there,

Just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. I've been keeping fish for over 15 years now and really got in to Africans about 5 years ago and got in to discus about 3 years ago. I also have a small reef tank. Looking forward to getting to know more folks here.

Yun-

fweed

Members
Welcome I have not been here that long and I have met some people and they are very cool. So you will have fun. I am going to my first meeting on the 13th. From what I hear it is a great time. And as Jen would say bring lots of money... I enjoy this place.

DonkeyFish

Members
Welcome fellow NoVAer! I'm in Herndon, we have to stick together since most folks here are from MD ;)

Hopefully you can make the next meeting, it's really quite amazing that a whole big room will be full of like-minded people you can jabber on for hours with about fish and nobody will think you're weird! Welcome aboard!

F8LBITE

Members
welcome Yun! Im glad you made it over to the forum. Jen is right about the Virginians being out numbered over here but we're starting to gain on them. Theres alot of cool people here. BTW post pics of your 265G its really amazing!!!!

YSS

Members
Thanks, everyone and thanks Jose. I've been to one meeting may a year half ago. But I was there to pick up some fish from Julie. Actually, it was the guy in my avatar. A very nice wild I got from Julie. And yes, Jose, I will try to post a few pics of my tanks including the discus tank.

Lively

Members
Welcome to the forums! I get my daily fish fix here, I think I'd drive my family nuts (okay more nuts) with all my fish talk if it weren't for this place!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Welcome Yun. I think the MD folks might out number us NOVAs but not by as much as they did. We are gaining. That planted tank sounds like a good one. See you in June.

George

YSS

Members
Thanks, George. The meeting is still in MD near Georgia Ave? That's a long drive... :( With two kids in all kinds of activities, my weekends are pretty much shot for the most part.

YSS

Members
Hi Sarah,

Yes, thanks! My number of tanks is ever so increasing. I am itching to get another big tank set up for some trophs. :D

Yun-

longstocking

Members
I have a couple more groups since the last time you were up here ;)

Glad to see you still love Tropheus.... funny how everone always has a place in their hearts for tropheus if they have kept them.

I have some petrochromis you would die for :p A bit on the expensive side though...

How are the discus doing?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thanks, George. The meeting is still in MD near Georgia Ave? That's a long drive... :( With two kids in all kinds of activities, my weekends are pretty much shot for the most part.

Yep same place. People come from all over. Check the guys from PA. and one from NJ. lol Now thats a drive.
We try to make it worth everyones time. lol

Welcome to the forum YSS

YSS

Members
Sarah, discus are doing well, thanks. The petros wouldn't happen to be the red ones, would they? If so, I might have to do something about it. :D

Pat, ok, my drive isn't that long. May be I will find a time to come to the meeting one of these days, but as it stands, I am not exagerating when I say my entire summer is already booked. :mad: :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh, I understand. Mine is getting there. Of course mine is all fish stuff. LOL Kids are grown. Of course the new Grandchild may change that. lol

remm

Members
I am also new here but I am from Richmond. :wacko: I hop to make a meeting at some point, kind of a far drive but worht it to be with like-minded people for a short time.

longstocking

Members
Welcome Remm!!!

Yun... family comes first. But at least you can hang out with us here :) Maybe pop into a meeting that we know Discus Hans will be at ;)

No.. I don't have the reds anymore...

But I do have blue ones "Longola" :) almost as nice... and not nearly as expensive !!