• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from "the cichlid desert"

Hello everybody.

My name is Josh and I came here because I am interested in joining a cichlid club, and it blew my mind that yall are the closest club to me. I live in Newport News, VA 26 married. I have two cichlid tanks. One is my 75 gallon tank which right now I'm figuring out what to do with. I have a greshakei, joanjohnsae, 2 yellow labs, and 4 mainganos in that tank. I have a temporary tank for what is currently 5 chipokae in it. It is a 56 gallon tank which is more or less a 75, but 12 inches shorter then a 75 unfortunately. Its hard to come by cichlids in my area and when I do find them they are a bit more pricey then I've seen in other areas of the country.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the website. There's some really good folks here.

I know it's a haul, but you should try to get up for a meeting some time. The stock lists of the folks in the club blow away any fish store and we have mini auctions and great speakers every month.

mscichlid

Founder
Welcome to the forum! Take a ride one month and bring your cichlid friends to meet a whole bunch of new friends. :)

Welcome to the forum! Take a ride one month and bring your cichlid friends to meet a whole bunch of new friends. :)
Sadly I don't even know another person in the area that has cichlids. My brother in-law has angelfish but most other people have tetras danios and that sort of thing. I once tried to put together a club here...epic failure.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Pick a speaker and make a trip of it.
We get people come from NJ, PA, VA, WV, DE, DC. Had a couple from NY and CT before.

marge618

CCA member
Welcome to the website. There's some really good folks here.

I know it's a haul, but you should try to get up for a meeting some time. The stock lists of the folks in the club blow away any fish store and we have mini auctions and great speakers every month.

It's true. Great auction prices and a lot of fun too!
Welcome to the CCA forum!

Lively

Members
Welcome! It will be a haul for you, pack with the intention of bringing some interesting fish home! It will blow you away, the "mini" auction!