• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from MoCo!

alicia

Greetings! I learned about this organization while watching some older episodes of the DIY Fishkeeper when Joey mentioned a meet-up in Gaithersburg, MD.

In the last few years I mostly kept bettas, but ended up with bringing home an adult yellow lab named "not a goldfish" from the local shelter. We ended up renaming him Mango. Thinking Mango was lonely, we picked up some juvenile "asst. cichlids". Now a few years and a few tank upgrades later we have quite the colony of cichlids who keep making babies!

When we upgraded the cichlids to a 75g, I made the old 36g a tetra community tank that I plan to do some live plants in soon. That tetra tank houses some black neons, von rio "flames", bloodfins, two corys, and a pleco.

Quite the newbie, but I'm enjoying getting back into the fish hobby--I even got hubby hooked!

chriscoli

Administrator
Welcome! Our regular monthly meetings are in Silver Spring, next one is Sept 9th. Hope to see you there!