• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Illinois!

yodafett77

Members
Hello from the MidWest! :)

Longtime fish owner, prepping my first Cichlid tank. Saw this place mentioned on AquariaCentral and thought it would be a good place to check out, get some info, and meet other enthusiasts.

yodafett77

Members
Welcome to the forum. What kind of cichlids are you looking to get?

Dwarf Flags. I'm setting up a sand substrate, lightly planted 125, with some natural rocks and wood. I'm be starting with filters and media from my established 55g, so that will speed things up, but will still be a slow stocking, obviously. Final overall stock will be (I hope):
~8 Dwarf Flag Cichlids
~8 Boesemani Rainbowfish
2 Mature Opaline Gouramis.
plus a few small cats for clean up duty. (oscillating between Banjos and Corys. I love Corys, but already have a nice population in the 55, so thinking about a change)

Welcome to the forum, Ryan. Love the username. :)

Thank you! :) some variant of it is my handle on about any site I go to, lol

And thank you both for the warm welcome!

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the forum - where are you from in Illinois?? - I grew up (back in the 50's) in Woodstock and then moved to the Lake Geneva (Burlington) Wis area - moved east in the mid 70's and have been here since.

CichlidOWNR

Members
Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot about cichlids as I have on this site. Have you been to Pagliai's Pizza in Charleston? Good pizza for a thin crust.

turfboss

Members
I spent a year in Carlinville at Blackburn College (1952/53) so I know where you are (our drive back in those days was the old Route 66 - have not been back down that way for a long time - was in St Louis a few years ago but have not been back to Carlinville since that freshman year in college now 60 years ago (yes I was 17 and gee seems like yesterday:)).