• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello all from central PA

cvalenzia

Members
Wanted to stop in and introduce myself and say hello.

My name is Christina, I am the vice president of the Cichlid Club of York, PA. I believe Jay from Cichlids Are Special has already posted about the Club.

Anyhow, I am still a beginner when it comes to Cichlids so you may see me asking alot of questions. I currently have three tanks running in my home:

50 Gal Tank: 1- 5" Hemichromis Lifalili, 4- 1.5" Hemichromis Guttatus, 3- 3" Hemichromis Guttatus, 4- Albino Bristlenose Pleco's, 3- Algea Eaters

25 Gal Tank: 2- 1.5-2" Yellow Labs (Electric Yellow), 1- 1" Midnight Peacock, 1- 1.5" Midnight Peacock, 2- 1" Ruby Red's, 3- 1.5" Eureka Reds, 3- Albino Bristlenose Pleco's

10 Gal:
1- 1" Demasoni, 2 - 1.5" Pseudotropheus Crabro (Bumblebee Cichlid), 1- 5" Red Zebra,

I will be picking up another tank this evening, a 75gal. Which my husband and I plan on building into our rec-room wall. Lol...all this because I wanted to restart a tank for my 6 month old daughter to enjoy...lol

I hope to talk to you all and possibly meet you all at some point through the club and here.

~Christina

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Sounds Like you caught the multi tank bug. enjoy the hobby and ask as many questions as you need we will all learn from the answers.

rich_one

Members
Wanted to stop in and introduce myself and say hello.

My name is Christina, I am the vice president of the Cichlid Club of York, PA. I believe Jay from Cichlids Are Special has already posted about the Club.

Anyhow, I am still a beginner when it comes to Cichlids so you may see me asking alot of questions. I currently have three tanks running in my home:

50 Gal Tank: 1- 5" Hemichromis Lifalili, 4- 1.5" Hemichromis Guttatus, 3- 3" Hemichromis Guttatus, 4- Albino Bristlenose Pleco's, 3- Algea Eaters

25 Gal Tank: 2- 1.5-2" Yellow Labs (Electric Yellow), 1- 1" Midnight Peacock, 1- 1.5" Midnight Peacock, 2- 1" Ruby Red's, 3- 1.5" Eureka Reds, 3- Albino Bristlenose Pleco's

10 Gal: 1- 1" Demasoni, 2 - 1.5" Pseudotropheus Crabro (Bumblebee Cichlid), 1- 5" Red Zebra,

I will be picking up another tank this evening, a 75gal. Which my husband and I plan on building into our rec-room wall. Lol...all this because I wanted to restart a tank for my 6 month old daughter to enjoy...lol

I hope to talk to you all and possibly meet you all at some point through the club and here.

~Christina
Wow... beginner, and VP of the CCY? NICE. Must be something about that region (ahem... native of Harrisburg, myself!)!

Welcome to the CCA!

-Rich

cvalenzia

Members
okay so im not so much a beginner. i have had tanks for a very long time, i just recently got into south african cichlids. i feel i have a lot to learn yet before i concider myself advanced.

turfboss

Members
Hi Cristina - Welcome to the club - Jay has brought a few of us up to date on the new club - hope you get your meeting snuggled into that 3rd Saturday so you don't compete with PVAS (first Sat) - CCA (second Sat) - and GWAPA (4th Sat) - then some of us may get a chance to come and visit you. In any case we wish you all the best with the start of the new club there in the area just north of York - should be a good area for you.

cvalenzia

Members
thank you all for the warm welcome :) we seem to have settled on the 3rd as you had mentioned. i was surprised we had as many people as we did come to the first meeting. I was expecting maybe 20 or so, but last count we were in our 60's. it was crazy, but fun and nice to meet and chat with other local cichlid lovers.

hope to meet some of you or even see some of you at one of our meetings? i know i will be down for aquamania in march