• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heading to San Diego...

JasonC

Members
So I'm off to San Diego for work starting tomorrow for a week. Anyone know of any good LFS's out there, or other fish related destinations that are worth seeing during down time?

oh... and restaurant recommendations are acceptable too... love per diem.. lol!

There was a LFS located in Kearny Mesa (near Clairmont Drive) that I visited the last time I was there in 2012. Also another one in La Mesa that had some cool catfish.

Arlene

dogofwar

CCA Members
Not sure of the Padres are in town but Petco is a great park, close to lots of restaurants and stuff downtown...ideal weather to watch the game and drink a beer. Something else you can do is take the Ferry to Coronado Island ... lots of restaurant options out there as well. La Hoya is another great spot, although a little drive if you're downtown.

I used to work for a company based in Rancho Bernardo (north of town) and would frequently go to San Diego from Sacramento.

I was never able to track down any decent freshwater fish stores, though, lots of other stuff to do :)

Matt