• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Harvesting brine shrimp

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I am looking for tip on how to harvest bribe shimp. Also does anyone have a specific net suggestion or alternative? The two nets I gambled on were not fine enough.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The usual brine shrimp nets allow fry through.

I bought mine from Kens.
He has ( or did have) Baby Brine Shrimp nets.
I would say it catches 98%

mab

Members
I visit fish rooms as part of speaking engagements. Actually, putting together a fish rooms visit talk to add to my offerings.

I'm always looking for something to share to put into the talk.

I have pictures of a really nice simple to harvest brine shrimp set up I saw in Vermillion, Ohio. Uses soda bottles, PVC and drip watering system parts. PM me your email address so I can send pictures.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Buy a brine shrimp net. Look for it with that name. I have been using them for years to harvest newly hatched baby brine shrimp. Always rinse after use with fresh water since otherwise when drying salt crystals can destroy the net. I clorox mine whenever it gets yellow. Go to brine shrimp direct if you cannot find the nets elsewhere. But most fish warehouses have them. ANd if you are in an emergency use a cotton or silk handkerchief.