• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hard-to-find cories -- sterbai and trilineated

Anyone breeding either of these? I've got groups of three for each of these in my SA tank, but really want to boost the numbers up a little bit. But I can't seem to find them anywhere . .. . Help?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Trilineatus

Anyone breeding either of these? I've got groups of three for each of these in my SA tank, but really want to boost the numbers up a little bit. But I can't seem to find them anywhere . .. . Help?
I saw some trilineatus at Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring on Saturday (labeled as julii).

finzz

Members
If Frank doesn't have any available, I have some juveniles ready to move. How many do you need?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
So the answer is where?
CCA thats where. lol
post and you get 5 different places in just a few hours.

lol

It's a wonderful world!!!

finnzz -- Frank does have some, but I'm not yet sure how to hook up. He's going to be in the area for meetings on Feb 6 and 13th, but I teach on Saturdays and that may not work for me. Where are you located?

(I only need two . . . )

I can't either. Sterbais are have brown squiggly stripes and orange fins. My three definitely hang together . . . cute little things

finzz

Members
Here's a pick of some C. sterbai juveniles. In a large tank, they'll school together and mix with other Corydoras as well. I've seen them do the same in the wild (not sterbai, but others)

)
Csterbai.jpg

MonteSS

Members
Mine do not look like that and definitely no orange fins.

Looks like mine may be a Julli or false Julii (Corydoras trilineatus)

What do you think? LFS said they were Sterbai, but then again they had my Cory Agasizi labeled wrong too.

fish120-1.jpg

Thanks...Bill

Last edited:

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'd say trilineatus

Mine do not look like that and definitely no orange fins.

Looks like mine may be a Julli or false Julii (Corydoras trilineatus)

What do you think? LFS said they were Sterbai, but then again they had my Cory Agasizi labeled wrong too.

fish120-1.jpg

Thanks...Bill
Look exactly like mine, which I believe are trilineatus. Best site for identifying corys is www.planetcatfish.com.