• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Gwapa

marge618

CCA member
I am wondering what the plans are for the next GWAPA meeting. Watching the scaping of a 180 gallon tank at their last meeting was exciting. It was interesting to spend an evening concentrating on the 'flora'. All of the plants I got at that meeting are thriving. So nice to have more of a variety of leaf shapes and shades of green in planted tanks. Being told upfront the light and care requirements of each plant at the auction made me dare stretch out and try something new.

Next GWAPA meeting is the 23rd at Rick Dotson's house in Vienna, VA. The talk will be about the different types of algaes and what you can do to prevent/combat them and what it means when certain ones develop.

marge618

CCA member
Oh Yeah! I have a ride to the GWAPA meeting on Sat Feb 23. Looking forward to more of the 'green' events.

Later,
Marge

marge618

CCA member
The February topic at GWAPA, algae and how to control it, sounds really interesting. I sure would like to know more about what cichlids and plants go well together. What I really need is fish that see algae and :confused0054:

Yesterday, at Environmental Action Day in Annapolis, I talked to a director from the Center of Marine Biotechnology.
He had quite a bit to say about algae - both good :angel2: and bad :FIREdevil:

His data shows that algae may be a more viable source of alternative energy...less of a drain on the environment than fuel from corn!!!

Are any of you planning to go to the GWAPA meeting on the 23rd?
Later,
Marge