• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

GWAPA Tank Tours and Batfish Aquatics Open House!

JLW

CCA Members
Hey CCA-ers.

Next Saturday, the 27th, the Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association will be doing their tank tours, which is a great opportunity to see some of their member's beautiful tanks. The final stop is Batfish Aquatics, in Silver Spring, about 5 minutes from where CCA usually meets.

Additionally, Batfish Aquatics will be running an Open House from noon until after the GWAPA folks descend, so even if you can't make it to the Tank Tours, you can stop by. We'll be having an all-day BBQ/Potluck picnic, using the park behind the shop. You should bring something to share for the Potluck, and also consider bringing some beach chairs or something. I'll be knocking all prices down 25% for the day, too! PLEASE RSVP IF YOU ARE COMING. I'm ordering BBQ, and I do not want to order way too much or way too little.

The directions etc. are on the GWAPA website, GWAPA.ORG.

londonloco

Members
I had planned on going, but we are now fencing in yet another part of the yard so my cairns have a safer environment to run and hunt in. Always something....

JLW

CCA Members
Loni, I take it the good news is the dogs are back home, safe and sound?

Everyone else: I'll be unpacking two new, big orders, including what is probably the first, recent import of a Corydoras species that more or less vanished from the hobby, and a type of African cichlid most of you have never seen. ;-)

You gotta come and see them to find out what.

AquaStudent

Members
This is awesome. I'll make sure to not be doing something this weekend so I can go! :)

I've been wanting to make it up to see you guys. Now's the perfect chance!

Do you guys have any dishes I could do? I need to make sure I don't run up too high of a bill if you don't! :)

JLW

CCA Members
Any food you want to bring, or drinks, are appreciated.

Make sure you bring a lawn chair if you want to relax out in the park -- there aren't any benches.