• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Guest Change

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I spent a little time yesterday and figured out how to change something.
For the last year or so the forum only showed 6 things for guests to read. They could not see any other posts, or any of the headers. The forum looked very small. The BOD decided that maybe more people would join if they saw that it was actually bigger.
Now everyone can see all the headers for the different areas but they still can not read or post. They all say locked. At least now it looks bigger and maybe we will get more requests for access and in turn more members for the club. In other words they now see 22 headers instead of the 6.

animicrazy

Members
For what it is worth:

I agree; Cyphos.com lets guests view all posts and responses etc. ; but must register to post - a step beyond what has been proposed here but small steps are careful ones - like you must take in my house!!

T.M.S.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 31 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For what it is worth:

I agree; Cyphos.com lets guests view all posts and responses etc. ; but must register to post - a step beyond what has been proposed here but small steps are careful ones - like you must take in my house!!

T.M.S.[/b]

You mean your fish house, right?

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Apr 3 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 31 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what it is worth:

T.M.S.[/b]

You mean your fish house, right?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah; and still growing - off to make some water.

TMS

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
May have helped a little,
Couple of new people.

Seems like Spring has slowed down the actual fish talk a little.
Normal ups and downs to any forum.

Need more fish discussions.
Breeding and such.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I recently added special sections for our sponsors in the trader.
I did make them so that visitors can see those posts. More exposure for the people who support us that way. They can only view.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Jun 10 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I recently added special sections for our sponsors in the trader.
I did make them so that visitors can see those posts. More exposure for the people who support us that way. They can only view.
[/b]

Pat,
This is a very GOOD idea. It gives visitors a much better view of what CCA is all about. Actually, if a person has never heard of a 'fish club' they might need some kind of boost in the right direction. It may draw in new members and new sponsors!

I, for one, had no idea what I was getting in to when I went to my first CCA meeting. Look at how much FUN we are having now! Meetings, breeding cichlids and catfish, mini auctions, speakers, fish swaps, fish show, online forum, side trips, Bque, holiday party, and conventions!

Later,
Marge