• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Great White Pic

After having a talk about fishing with Tony, Phil and Richard I decided to check thru my pics and post the Great White that I saw while fishing offshore. We were in a 28ft boat and when we pulled up it was about 3/4 the lenght of the boat. Estimate about 2000lbs, this baby looked like a mini submarine. Seeing it from a distance we first thought it was 2 sharks, by the pic you will see the dorsal fin and tail fin.
We could have driven the boat between the fins.

great%20white1.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
That's a big boy there Reel! WOW:eek: OMG...Ay Dios Mio!!

As a matter of fact, I ran into an old friend yesterday, a guy named Ken who use to own the LFS, "Totally Fish" on Georgia Ave in SS.

He was telling me that he wanted to take me Deep Sea Fishing off of Ocean City. But now that I'm thinking about it and looking at that big -ss Great White, I believe I'm going to stay home Brother. LOL!:lol::blush::D

Jumbie

Members
That's a big boy there Reel! WOW:eek: OMG...Ay Dios Mio!!

As a matter of fact, I ran into an old friend yesterday, a guy named Ken who use to own the LFS, "Totally Fish" on Georgia Ave in SS.

He was telling me that he wanted to take me Deep Sea Fishing off of Ocean City. But now that I'm thinking about it and looking at that big -ss Great White, I believe I'm going to stay home Brother. LOL!:lol::blush::D

Hey Richard hows Ken doing? Last I heard he moved down to Florida or something.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Jumbie, Ken is running a Aquarium maintenance company right now and is working at ShowCase Aquarium in Wheaton, MD. By the way, he has a very nice selection of African's from Mbunas to Auloncaras right now so check it out.

Man, it was great to see Ken after so long. :) To answer your question, he did not move to Florida so for all you Ken fans out there go visit him at ShowCase.

RM

Jumbie

Members
I work next to ShowCase, I know the owner so I would have to stop by and say hi thank for the update Richard.

maddog10

Members
Don't need to go deep sea fishing to catch one. Here is a photo of one that was caught in the Chesapeake Bay VERY close to Sandy Point State Park.

shark2.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Jeeze, Chris. You weren't kidding... That thing is massive. Probably good you didn't end up hooking it, lol. It may have been a bad thing. :)

F8LBITE

Members
call me a wuss but I get sad when I see a creature that big dead or killed. I imagine how old it is, what its been through, the stuff its seen.....im definitely a fan of catch and release.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Don't need to go deep sea fishing to catch one. Here is a photo of one that was caught in the Chesapeake Bay VERY close to Sandy Point State Park.

shark2.jpg
A GREAT WHITE WAS CAUGHT IN THE BAY??? WHEN? HOW DIDNT I HEAR ABOUT THIS. THIS IS REAL NEWS! :eek: