• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Got Permissin

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
At the rate I am going, you will have yours done first.
Thats what I get for leaving the empty tank sit on the floor for 3 weeks prior
to starting the stand. <_<

You better get it on the stand by Sunday then. :p

I just got back from a meeting with a customer and I don't feel like working on it tonight. From doing all the sawing outside on the deck and coming inside for the installation, I got a nasty cold.

I am picking up the big tank, filters and substrate on Thursday. I can leave it in the van until I'm ready to hang it. Hopefully that will be Sunday.

To age the tank quicker, I am going to take one of the cannister filters from the other 120 and move it the new 120. I'll fill it with about fifty gallons from the old 120 water change. The rest with tap water. With a little luck, I should be able to introduce some of the fish from the old 120 into the new 120 about a week later.

I'll eventually move all the peacocks and haps into the new tank.

Wait a couple months and pull the old 120 out and replace it with a new "scratchless" version. And fill it with Lake Tanganyikans.

It is going to be so nice to photograph all my Malawians without dodging scratches and working the remote flash through the wall. :)

O

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Took off work early today.
Just got finished adding a bunch of oak to the outside of the stand.
Now I need to start staining. Fun.

Ahh, you see you are building a piece of furniture. I'm just building a basic pine rack.

I bet it will look great when your done.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was a framing carpenter/helper
Not a finisher.
I will take a pic when done.
Before it crashes to the floor. :p :p :lol: <_< :( :angry:

Framing carpenter. I built this one with 2x4s instead of 2x6s because I overkilled the last one. When you go into most LFSs, their racks are built with 2x4s, so I said...why not.

It seems just as sturdy as the other one. What do you think?

Well, I got the new 120XH sitting in the van along with two new Eheim 2217s and 100 pounds of Aragonite reef sand substrate.

Will somebody come over and set it up for me...I'm too sick to work on it. :(

Pat, I emailed you about painting the back of the tank. Curious what kind of paint others use.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well got the tank on the stand last night when the youngest came home.
Took a couple of pics but cant figure out how to resize them here at work.
Have to do it later I guess.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
DSC_0026.jpg

Don't have any programs at work. Will put better one later.
My youngest with tank. He is 6 feet tall. For sizing purposes.
Remember, 2 29's go on the bottom. Getting them next Saturday.

Looks very, very professional Pat. You did a wonderful job.

My buddy from Texas and my friend Jack just left a few minutes ago. My tank is now sitting on the floor in front of the stand. I'm going to do the background and get them back over here on the way to happy hour this evening to put it on the rack.

Hopefully filters, substrate and water tomorrow.

Well we got the 120gXH up and running. Moved about twenty fish into it Sunday. So far, so good.

Here's a few pix of the fish in their new crib.

2aTankShot031406.jpg

1aGroup031406.jpg

21bBaenschi031306.jpg

15aRubyRed011406.jpg

15a.Azueres031406.jpg

14aTaiwanee031406.jpg

cdjunior24

Members
looks really good bobby...is that just a crushed coral substrate and what kind of rock is that...just stopped by a lfs and they had new 125's for 250...i'm itching to start a new tank as soon as i sell off those 40's i have set up...again though, good work!

Thanks Chris.

The substrate is 80 pounds of the Caribe reef sand aragonite mixed with about 30 pounds of playsand for filler and about a bucket of crushed seashells/coral. The rocks are just PA river stones from the local garden center.

Man, you like big tanks. Maybe you should wait till you get into that new house ;)

Well, for all those who may have feared this rack idea wasn't going to work out okay, I'v got all four tanks running with fish.

Here is a quick shot of the rack.

3dRack032506.jpg

Originally posted by Theresa_M@Apr 2 2006, 08:44 AM
I like it a lot.

How's the progress on it at this point?
So far I only have moved my male Albino Eureka Red in the 20L on the top right.

I have two male Aulonocara Maylandi and Ruby Red juvies in the other 20L.

I have my A. Calvus and A. Comp in the 29 on the bottom.

And eighteen various Haps and Peacocks in the 120 along with a very large Synodontis Eupterus.

Next week I'll get some shellies and othe small fish for the 29g.

The 33L on the top of the older rack has to be pulled cleaned and replaced. I'll put the Albino Eureka Red back in that tank to growout. I still have two albino bristlenose plecos in it now, along with two small clown loaches. They will go backi in with the Albino Eureka Red with the replacement tank.

The 40 breeder on the bottom of the old rack is currently running without fish. I am going to replace that one with a new 40b and use it for something new. Maybe a group of breeder peacocks.

The old 120g is currently running with a single Aulonocara Hansbaenschi (red shoulder), one Protemelas Marginatus (going to get rid of it), one Protemelas Stevenie (Taiwan Reef), one seventeen year old Synodontis Eupterus, three huge clown loaches and two ordinary ancistrus (bn plecos). Also two yellow labs.

I haven't decided the fate of the clowns yet. They will probably end up back in the new replacement 120 with the Tanganyikans if I find them compatible. The Taiwan Reef will be going in the other 120 male hap/peacock tank, along with the red shoulder and one of the ancistrus. The grandaddy s. eupterus also will go in with the new Tanganyikans. The yellow labs aren't very good quality, so I am going to get rid of them too.

Replacing two (120 and 40b) of the three tanks is going to be fairly economical since I already have filtration and lighting. Just have to buy the tanks and substrate. Oh, and of course, the livestock. :rolleyes:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Man, sound like you got it all planned out.
I keep changing my mind every time I move something.
I guess it never gets boaring that way.lol