• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Good folks at Rick's in Frederick

jonclark96

Past CCA President
One of my AC70's crapped out last night, as I accidentally kicked some sand into the intake when trying to catch a fish out of the tank (I know, I should have a prefilter on the intake but never remember to get foam when I am out). I went by Rick's Pets in Frederick on the way home from work to see if they had a replacement impeller. Unfortunately, they only had replacements for everything but an AC70. I was about to head out and order one off the internet when the guy helping me out (I think his name is Andrew - seems to be a popular name for folks at LFS's) said that he was making an order from Hagen later this week and he could sell me an impeller out of a new filter. He proceeded to open a brand new filter, pull out the impeller, and sell it to me. He went out of his way to help me out when I was in a pinch when he didn't have to. I thought I'd share this with the club. You wouldn't get service like that at the big box stores.

It wasn't as cheap as I could have got it on line, but the filter was down for less than 24 hours instead of a week that it would have taken to get the part shipped to me.

Wblaze

Members
I miss scales and totally fish -- they were nice stores. Scales was way too fancy for this area, though. So, what is the deal with Showcase? I live close to there but always feel like I am being sold a used car when I walk in.