• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Gold Ram Sexing

speced

Members
I've had these Rams for a few weeks and they are just starting to color up. Could you help me sex them? Thanks.

PhotoApr2575506AM.jpg

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
They both have more characteristics of males than females. Gold rams do not have some of the identifiers that other rams have. So it is very hard to say that you have one of both sexes. However, if they spawn...

Usually the best way to tell females is that if they are fed well and the water conditions are right, the females will swell up with eggs. Then it is easy to tell makes from females even without other characteristics.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Rams are like anything else - hold up the sports section and the ones that show interest are males or not worth your efforts:lol::lol::jumpy:.

George

speced

Members
Now that you mention it George, the one on the right was actually trying to watch sportscenter on my ipad, that's why he was being so still for the photo.