• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Glass

FishEggs

I have 3 panes of tempered glass that are 36in x 48in x 3/16in thick available for free in Melford, MD.
They are tempered so they can not be cut or drilled.

Also available is a leaking 55 gallon tank. Has a slow leak on a bottom seam.

chriscoli

Administrator
So, I saw this awesome thing that an artist did with tempered glass. She'd paint an outdoor scene (imagine a sunset with silhouetted trees in the foreground) on the tempered glass with special high-temperature glass paint. Then she'd shatter the tempered glass carefully so that the pieces stayed more or less in place. Then she'd carefully transfer the shards one at a time to a kiln shelf, reconstructing the image, and fire the glass so that it fused back together but you could still see the spiderweb of where it shattered. It was really cool.

FishEggs

So, I saw this awesome thing that an artist did with tempered glass. She'd paint an outdoor scene (imagine a sunset with silhouetted trees in the foreground) on the tempered glass with special high-temperature glass paint. Then she'd shatter the tempered glass carefully so that the pieces stayed more or less in place. Then she'd carefully transfer the shards one at a time to a kiln shelf, reconstructing the image, and fire the glass so that it fused back together but you could still see the spiderweb of where it shattered. It was really cool.
So you want a piece of glass to try it?:)
I definitely dont have that much time on my hands.

JLW

CCA Members
Seriously, I don't know what I could do with that glass aquarium wise. Its tempered, so it can't be cut or drilled... and it isn't thick enough to want to build an aquarium out of it at that size. 1/2" is a little scary at 36x48, but 3/16? Fuhgedaboutit.

FishEggs

Figured I would throw it out there since i know some people have other types of pets and might want it for a custom built enclosure for reptiles or something.