• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Give a Kid a Tank is Full!

dogofwar

CCA Members
One of my favorite parts of The Big Fish Deal is our Give a Kid a Tank contest, which has been made possible with generous support from Aqueon, Batfish Aquatics, House of Tropical and other amazing vendors and hobbyists!

Wanted to let everyone know that this year's contest is officially full, so we will not be able to accept any more entries unless there are cancellations.

Many of the participants this year are Boy and Girl Scouts, who I hope will become lifelong hobbyists and active participants in the club.

Also, Kids will be setting up their tanks on Friday evening starting about 7 PM (vs. Saturday from 12:30 - 1:30) to allow more display time.

Thanks,
Matt

lkelly

Members
A total of 15 ten-gallon set-ups from Aqueson.

That would be awesome, Frank!

Matt

Aqueson very good to you guys.

mr-miagi.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - Aqueon has donated 15 set-ups for Give a Kid a Tank each year of AquaMania / The Big Fish Deal... and we've started 15 kids in the hobby each year.

They're remarkably generous and I think appreciate the focus on getting kids involved!

This year, they're also sending another set-up (a surprise...not a 10g set up) as a raffle prize.

Matt

Aqueson very good to you guys.

mr-miagi.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Matt...and I've got that bin of gravel in my trunk (still)...gonna bring some PFS and even some colored stuff.

Anyone who has some small pieces of driftwood, easy live plants, plastic plants, rocks or other decorations to donate to the kids, please bring them on Friday evening...

I'd like to give the kids some choices and let them be creative!

Matt

I have some large rocks for aquascaping to donate for the kids.